- Within this Policy, “Users” refers to those individuals who access the Site and have registered and created a profile on the Site, and “Visitors” refers to those individuals who access the Site but have not registered on the Site.
- UN Women reserves the right to modify the terms of this Policy without prior notice.
- The Site contains links to external sites. UN Women is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such external sites.
Collection and Use of Information
- Personally identifiable information:
- The personally identifiable information you provide to register as a User, such as your name, gender, country of residence, and e-mail address;
- If you log in with or connect a social media service account with the Site, your user ID and/or user name associated with that third-party service, or any information you have submitted in connection with that service and which the third party shares with partner services;
- Information you disclose in public areas (e.g. forums, message boards and other community areas) of the Site when you contribute Content, including but not limited to the information you make public in your User profile.
- UN Women may use such personally identifiable information for statistical and communication purposes, including but not limited to distributing newsletters and other materials for which you express interest in your user profiles; analyzing statistically Users’ activity on the Site, including ranking the Users in order of their levels of engagement on the Site and publicizing such top rankings in community newsletters and on the Site; and contacting you to respond to your questions or comments.
- Non-personally identifiable information:
- By accessing the Site, certain information about you, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the Site, the software used and the time spent, along with other similar information, will be stored on the United Nations and web analytic servers. This information will not identify you specifically. The information will be for internal use only, including but not limited to the analysis of website traffic.
- UN Women may access, preserve and disclose information that you provide:
- To the extent required by law or legal process or pursuant to the Charter of the United Nations or pursuant to resolutions or regulations of the General Assembly or rules promulgated thereunder;
- To respond to third party claims;
- To respond to queries by other Visitors/Users’; or
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of UN Women personnel, Visitors and Users.
- You can delete or modify your information on the Site by contacting UN Women at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may opt-out from providing personally identifying information to UN Women by not registering or completing your profile on the Site. If you choose not to register or provide certain information, certain areas of the Site requiring registration will not be accessible to you.
- Any information that you provide will not be used in ways other than as set forth in this Policy or in ways to which you have explicitly consented. However, use of the site is at your sole risk and UN Women assumes no responsibility for the security of information.